1050 Techwood Drive NW Bld. 1060 Atlanta, Georgia 30318
Our client has a Core Development group, which builds and supports the CMS and its underlying services. They are looking for a strong lead systems/software developer who understands how to operate at scale while leveraging modern web based technologies such as node.js, MEAN/MERN stack, caching, cloud, and devops.
Although our client is a large company, they are invested in practicing Agile with a startup mentality, which allows for everyone to work with the latest leading edge technologies and cloud based platforms.
As a Senior Systems/Software Developer, you will be responsible for:
- Building highly scalable and highly available (or " Webscale" ) RESTful apps used for search and retrieval of content from large datasets.
- Providing a solid and stable solution to meet the demands of one of the largest news organizations in the world.
- Providing consistency across work breakdown and estimation so that the team can maintain a sustainable pace of development while also allowing for good forecasting.
- Mentoring a sharp and motivated team of developers to help raise the bar for team who is already excellent.
- Lending guidance towards software development best practices, such as fully automated testing, CI/CD pipeline, monitoring, and devops.
This is an amazing opportunity for a skilled developer who wants to experience a career with a collaborative team that is spearheading innovation with all of the amazing benefits offered by a 2017 LinkedIn Top Company.
The environment is unique. Teamwork and a strong desire to learn new technologies are everyday requirements to succeed. Agile is a way of life and you' ll have the full support of the entire group to bring new and innovative ideas and methodologies to improve our products and processes.
Preferred skills/experiences include:
- RESTful architectures
- node.js and/or Java/Spring-boot (a plus)
- Scaling, caching, and microservices
- CI/CD, build pipelines (jenkins, bamboo, circleci, etc…)
- Cloud based services, such as AWS, GCP, etc...
- A strong base on the fundamentals with the ability to pick up and learn any ‘ stack’
- Solid knowledge of Linux tools and usage
- Docker, Docker-compose
- Self starter, knows how to work around dead ends, can pick something up on the fly
- Always open for a discussion/debate and seeking consensus
- 5+ years of ' industry experience' and a degree in computer science or equivalent experience
- You don' t know everything about software development, but you want to learn as much as possible