Sr. Web Developer - PHP/Drupal
1050 Techwood Drive NW Bld. 1060 Atlanta, Georgia 30318
SENIOR WEB DEVELOPER
This position provides high-quality development and support for our client’ s primary website and associated digital products. The project is focused on both the maintenance and operation of the existing website as well as a CMS upgrade and site redesign. It will touch on all aspects of web design, including video, live data integrations, social media integration, content syndication and web analytics. The site architecture includes Drupal (7 + 8) as the primary CMS as well as custom-built interactive applications and publishing systems.
- Code – develop dynamic and data-driven solutions for web and digital platforms. Participate in the analysis, definition, and scoping of work. Work with internal departments to provide associated deliverables. Develop (both backend and frontend components), test, integrate, document, and deploy in accordance to Turner development standards. Write clear, documented, and explainable code. Consistently meet or exceed deadlines on projects.
- Participate – be active in project ideation and design. Contribute to task identification, work effort estimates, and work schedules. Research new technologies to provide ideas to the team. Be able to step in and assist other developers when necessary.
- Maintain – assist in operational maintenance, update code where necessary, provide on-call support as assigned.
- Full stack development – 5 years in web development required. Concentration in either client-side or server-side development is OK, but the candidate needs to be able to work on both sides of the development fence.
- Git – experience with git merging, branching and pull requests is required. Experience with GitFlow or similar workflows is handy but not required.
- Strong PHP development skills - Experience with Drupal 8 or other object-oriented PHP framework. Experience with Drupal 7 is OK if coupled with experience with OO programming.
- Experience with responsive web design.
- Familiarity with the command line – ability to perform tasks (git, drush, etc) without the aid of a GUI.
- Analytical and critical thinking skills, as well as strong attention to detail.
- Good interpersonal skills as well as written and verbal communication skills.